The Women’s Christian Fellowship (WCF – formerly Ladies’ Aid Society) is our women’s ministry group that sponsors our women’s programs and mission projects. We follow Central’s mission statement to “Love God, Serve Others, Grow Disciples” by assisting the Church spiritually, socially and financially through activities and mission projects. Women of the church and the community are encouraged to participate in any or all of the activities. Our hope is to reach more women for Christ in all we do.
Mission programs and projects bring women together throughout the year to serve others in a hands-on manner and enjoy fellowship with other women-both young and young-at- heart. Samplings of our mission programs are the College Card Connections, Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes, Migrant Worker Kits and remembering our Shut-ins with cards, phone calls and holiday gifts.
Special Events of the WCF are held throughout the year. In March, you can experience the Silent Auction. Many interesting and inventive items can be yours for a top bid. As the saying goes, “One Woman’s Junk is another Woman’s Treasure”.
The Mother & Daughter Banquet is held in May on the Monday evening after Mother’s Day. You can enjoy a delicious catered dinner and a wonderful program with your mother, daughters or friends.
The Annual Country Fair is held the third Saturday of September. The day is great fun for the whole family. Shop for Clothing Re-runs, find a good book or an Attic Treasure. Let the kids shop for a special toy, have fun playing games or getting their face painted. Enjoy some great food and entertainment. Sponsored by the WCF, the Country Fair is an All-Church effort.
The Ladies Tea brings us back to a time when women welcomed their friends into their homes for a luncheon tea. Join us for an afternoon of chatting with friends while sipping tea and enjoying some delicious food. Then sit back and enjoy a captivating program.
Our Women’s Christian Fellowship Handbook can be downloaded by clicking HERE.
Additional Facets of WCF:
Women’s Retreat Ministry
The Women’s Retreat Ministryat Central Schwenkfelder Church provides unique opportunities for spiritual renewal for women of all ages.
Those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness. – Proverbs 14:22
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing and perfect will. – Romans 12:2
Weekend Retreat (held in the Spring offsite)
- Currently this is held at The Linck Hill Inn in Morris, PA (part of Three Springs Ministries), a beautifully restored 14 bedroom Victorian Inn.
- Friday morning – Sunday afternoon in mid to late March or early April
- What you can expect to do:
- Praise God for bringing us together and for meeting us throughout the weekend
- Read through scripture and be immersed in His word
- Sing songs that will lift your spirits and open the eyes of your heart
- Cherish the opportunity of worshiping with your Sisters-In-Christ
- Make a new friend
- Participate in a Missions Project
- Laugh until you cry
- Enjoy the peace of being away from the busyness of everyday life
- Delight in the beauty of God’s creation in the surrounding beautiful mountains
- Take some time to Be Still
- Focus on the message from the speaker and apply it to your daily lives once we return home
Community One-Day Retreat (held in the Fall onsite)
- Newest addition to our ministry to be held at Central’s Community Center
- Saturday in October from 9:00AM – 3:00PM
- Guest speaker(s) – (4) theme-based sessions from scripture including Praise & Worship time
- Missions Project
- Opportunity to worship with members of the community
Women’s Bible Study
An in-depth women’s Bible study is offered in the Fall and in the Winter of each year. In the Fall, participants engage in a six week study while in the Winter participants engage in 10 to 12 week study. The curriculum chosen usually ranges from (but is not limited to) Beth Moore, Prescilla Shirer, Jennifer Rothschild, and to Kay Arthur. It is a wonderful opportunity to grow in your knowledge of God’s Word, deepen your relationship with Christ, and fellowship with other believers.
LAMPS (Ladies’ A.M. Prayer and Study) Bible study is held on Wednesdays from mid September to the first part of May. All women of the church and guests are welcome to meet in the second floor Junior room at 9:30 AM. No babysitting provided. Brunches with speakers are held in Dec. and May.
Ladies who love the art of hand quilting use their talent for church missions. They gather on Tuesdays and enjoy the fellowship and pleasures of working together on a variety of quilts. Membership is open to ladies of all denominations. The quilting room is located on the Anders property adjacent to the church.
Women’s Christian Fellowship provides many opportunities to serve our Lord and grow in your faith. Let your efforts and joy praise our God. You are welcome to call the church office at 610-584-4480 for additional information.
“This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.” – II Corinthians 9:12